Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday FO: recycling

*waves hands*

I have an FO to report, finally!

I took a plastic container that used to hold mushrooms, washed and dried it, punched holes around the rim. The container is approximately 6" wide, and 4" deep, and is the perfect size for becoming the base of a bag.


Untitled

After I poked holes all the way around, I picked up single crochet stitches all the way around the brim. I simply inserted my crochet hook (I used 4.0 mm) into the holes, and worked single crochet all the way around, joining the round with a slip stitch.

I did another full round of sc, then did 5 rounds of "granny stripes" (3 dc, sk 2 stitches, 3 dc for the first round, and the following rounds worked groups of 3 dc in between each group of 3 dc), joining at the end of each round, and then did a couple more rows of sc, with OUT joining the round (why did I not join for those final rounds? It's to make it easier to work the handles, without having to cut the yarn).

Untitled

I made the handles by doing 40 foundation sc (for each handle) when I got the appropriate part of the bag (just a few stitches in from each side, and carefully centering and doing the same for both sides), and finished by working a round of reverse sc all the way around the top edge of the bag and inside of the handles.

What do you think?

Untitled
Untitled

Just big enough for a sock project, or to hold some of your kid's toys.

Linking up to:


fan-tastic-hook-20
Thriving on Thursdays






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...