Sunday, September 14, 2014

review: Handbag Workshop

Handbag Workshop: Design and Sew the Perfect BagHandbag Workshop: Design and Sew the Perfect Bag by Anna M. Mazur
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a beginner sewer (more of a wannabe sewer than an actual sewer) and so I requested this book to read and review from netgalley because the word "workshop" led me to believe that this would be a book on learning how to design and sew the perfect bag. I knew there'd be a variety of projects for all skill levels, but still thought it would be suitable for a beginner sewer.

It's not.

The projects use materials such as leather, and involve way too much work and too many steps, for this beginner sewer. The bags, for the most part, are not my style - they are more professional than my life calls for. Yes, choice of materials can dress a bag up and down, but that only changes things so much, and a dressy bag made in a more casual material is just going to look stupid.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...