Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cancer Afghan

If you've been following along the CAL, then you'll know this year I'm making two afghans for charity fundraising - the annual Alzheimer's afghan, and a cancer afghan for my friend Mo, who has lost several relatives to cancer, including her brother.



I used all of the same squares as I did for the Alzheimer's blanket, but used just one shade of purple (a brighter purple than the Alzheimer's square). Her cancer colors are also purple and white... so that was a lot of purple!



I joined the squares with the continous join as you go method, linked to before... and did a similar but different edging. I used the same bright purple I used in all the squares for the joining and the border. You can barely see the joining, can you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...