Thursday, June 12, 2014

Alzheimer Blanket

We're currently discussing ways and methods of putting together our afghans. I put together this year's Alzheimer's blanket using the continous join as you go method.

This method is a fabulous way of putting together blankets. I put together the blankets using the same 3 double crochet, chain one sequence used in most of the squares, so it looked like each square was bordered with a round of granny square.



I choose to use white as my joining color for one simple reason - I didn't have enough purple. I had plenty of white, so I used it for the edging as well.

Have you ever made an afghan using the continuous join? (Not to be confused with join as you go). I usually put together afghans with the latter method, because the continuous join method involves a lot of turning of the afghan.... and you have to use one single color for joining all the squares (as compared to join as you go, where that last round can be multiple colors)





close up of the joining and the edging...

What do you think of this year's fundraiser?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...