Saturday, July 9, 2011

Crochet It. Love it. Wear It.

Crochet It. Love It. Wear It! (Leisure Arts #5058): The Ultimate Collection for Every OccasionCrochet It. Love It. Wear It! (Leisure Arts #5058): The Ultimate Collection for Every Occasion by Drew Emborsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all, let me just say I love Drew, & I have enjoyed watching his "rise to fame" in the crochet world.

This is a small, LA book, featuring 16 projects. Some are a little weird for my tastes... like the open, lacey skirt Vashti, or the poofy ruffled cardigan... but there's the two gorgeous short sleeved sweaters, Saugatuck Summer & Antebellum, which would be so easy to change this up or down, make more casual or dressy. I also adore the Pencil Skirt, thoough I'm not sure I'd ever make or wear it.

I love the fact that, as LA usually does, the patterns use yarns easily found at Big Box stores & are, for the most part, actually affordable. Sure, I love my alpacas & silks, but I can afford that stuff once or twice every five years, usually one ball for a shawl.

Conclusions: add this to your crochet library!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...